At the recent Pennsylvania Association of Chamber Professionals (PACP) conference, more than 60 local chamber leaders discovered how energy efficiency, home-grown solar energy, and innovative finance mechanisms can help save member companies money, and attract more investment and jobs to the Keystone state.
- Energy efficiency: A practice that helps member companies save money every year.
- The Solar Border Bill: A bill recently passed the PA legislature that prioritizes the purchase of PA solar energy over the solar energy in neighboring states. This legislation will create more solar jobs and investment by closing a loophole that had PA ratepayers subsidizing solar energy and job creation in nearby states. This is important to the many chambers with member companies that sell, manufacture parts, or produce solar infrastructure.
- Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE): An innovative new financing mechanism that has been proposed to allow PA businesses to finance renewable energy and energy efficiency upgrades at no up-front cost. Nineteen states and Washington, D.C., currently have PACE programs; and there is PACE legislation in 33 states.
- The Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) bill, also known as SB 234, is co-sponsored by Sens. Blake (D-22) and Reschenthaler (R-37).
- Read about the $340 million in financing over the last seven years.
Local chambers also learned more about what chambers across Pennsylvania are doing to help their members thrive in the clean energy space. See:
- PA Local Chambers Co-host Geisinger Tour with Legislators, Learn How Energy Efficiency Saves $15 Million Annually
- Central PA Chamber Grows Popular Energy Savings Program
- PA Local Chamber CEO Meets Legislators, Shares Support for Clean Energy
Interested in learning more about how your chamber can benefit from the economic development opportunities of clean energy? Contact Kelly Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.